Sunday, November 27, 2011

A SHORT CEREMONY (by Andy)

This one will be hard because I haven`t be able to stop my tears.
Julian and Luc talked few days ago about to move their parents from their home town to buried them in the Mentzy-Horneck private Holy Grounds.
Uncle Lucas surprise all of us this afternoon and inform to all of us about it. Luc asked his parents about this and they agreed.
It was a short ceremony. Our pastor, the friends from the Academy, Maria and her parents, some friends and all of us.
Julian and Emi were sad obviously but so happy at the same time. There are no relatives in their home town and I think Luc really did it good. Now they have their parents close to them. Luc order one big marble plate with gold color letters "To our loving parents. From Julian and Emi." and they are happy with it.
All the Cadets were with their Ceremonial Uniforms, including Luc and they took care to move the caskets.

Julian said few words about their parents and thank all the presents, then turn and face all of us, his family and said "Thanks uncles, aunts, our brothers and Mum and Dad." and went to uncle Lucas and aunt and both of them hugged them. We all hugged, then Julian went to hug all his friends from the Academy. Then he stood in front of Luc and told him out loud "Soldier!" and salute him, then "Brother!" and hugged him, then grabbing his face in between his hands "I have read all what you have to say about me and you have made me feel the happiest kid in this world. You just have give me your heart and I thank God for you every day. YOU are a soldier, a friend, a man and my big bro. Everything you have said about me is what you are too. I love you Luc."

Julian call Emi and they asked all the kids to hold hands around their parents graves and Julian made one of the most beautiful prayers I ever heard. Then Julian went to uncle Lucas, hugged him and is when he explode crying.

We were there for about an hour waiting for Julian and Emi. Julian hold Emi`s hand and asked Steve, Andres, Luc and me to hold hands in front of the graves for a moment of silence. Then we all hugged and start to walk to the cars. Julian approach Maria before she leaves, hold both of her hands, kiss her in the cheeks and told her "I am praying for you two to be together for the rest of your lives. You will have the best man in this world and he will have the best woman as well. I love you Maria." She wasn`t able to speak, she hugged and kissed him, Emi as well.

I asked Luc in the car "How big is your heart?", him "Is as big as I ask God to allow me to be close to Him and live by His word. This is why yours is so big.", and kissed my nose. Uncle told him "I`m very proud of you young man. I love you son." him "Oh Dad, thanks so much. I love you too. I have a good teacher though." Uncle smile. My Dad told me "It goes to you too little dude.", me "Little dude?", him "Well, since some body have been calling me big dude lately, I think is appropriate. Isn`t it?" Uncle and my Dad throw a laugh. "I love you big dude." him laughing "I love you too."

I`m very happy for this step in the lives of our bros. It was something that I think Julian would do later but with a bro like Luc, you never knows. I know that all this were lots more happiness than sadness today.

A hug to every kid out there.

With love,

Andy

10 comments:

Vic said...

To Luc & Andy

There is nothing to equal what you have done for Emi & Julian in the short time they have been with you, and my tears and theirs tears are worth the mention because you guys set the best examples. I'm even thinking of billing you for the cost of the tissues I'm having to use reading your blogs, it's costing me an arm & a leg.lol

Luc, I send you a special thank you for your deepest love towards Emi and Julians personal needs, they will be overwhelmed to be close to the graves where their parents are buried.

Thank you so much for the tears, I really don't mind shedding a few for a good cause like this.

Have good times until your next post.

Luc said...

I`m up doing homework and because I just have one class tomorrow from 11:30AM to 12:30PM, but I saw your comment and you really made me laugh some times. 1- Your welcome. Is a pleasure for me to do what I can to made others happy. That made me happy too. And I thought like you, I thought would be so good for them to be close to where their parents are buried. Ro and his Mum are buried in the same place, just few feets apart, my grand pa as well. 2- Send the bill to Andy because he is the one who is posting the most lately. lol 3- Try to buy the tissues by the dozen, I think they will be less expensive. lol 4- Thank you for your words and prayers in Mr. Harry`s favor.

Andy said...

We just love them Vic aaand, no thank you send the bill to Luc, that by the way he have started one of the biggest pillows fight in our family history. Good fun before school. OMG! Even uncle Lucas, Robert and my Dad. Thank you and later.

Joe (Grandpa) said...

Andy,
As always, thank you for sharing these wonderful times with us. You are so articulate in your writings. The love that emanates in this family and especially from Luc is astounding! He seems to just grow closer and closer to God every day. Again Andy, thank you.

Luc,
You love is sooooo awesome and real. As I read these posts, I actually feel that love because I feel a tingling in my heart that sends a tear to my eyes. Yeah, I know, I'm just a pussy old 168yo fossil! But, what can I say? You are just being Luc, just normal Luc!

I love you both so much, you just don't know.

God bless,

Pa/Joe

Luc said...

Thank you Joe. Yeah, I`m just Luc.

Andy said...

Thank you Pa. Yes, he is just Luc, that is why I love him with my whole heart and soul.

Vic said...

Getting Andy to cough up for the tissues is like asking Scrooge for a sweet, he's tighter than a ducks arse on a frozen pond.lol

Luc said...

Vic? Don`t say that to my little boy, even is the truth though. LOOL He is the one that will administrate the funds we got for a children`s foundation I got planned to launch and there is not a better one for the job. I know we always will have funds to help kids. He said the only thing I know about money is how to expended, nothing else. I love him.

Joe (Grandpa) said...

Luc, Andy, Andres, Steve, Julian and Emi,
I just wanted to tell you how much I love each of you and your families. As I read from my devotion this morning I realize how blessed I am to have each of you in my life. I have reflected on my life in the past many months and see not only how much awesome love I have received, but how much love I have learned to give. I have re-read many posts here in the blog and see how Rob's legacy of love, compassion, acceptance, peace and hope lives on in your lives and this blog. I thank each of you for being yourselves; for opening your hearts to God and allowing Him to touch so many around you. God bless each of you.

I love you all.

Pa/Joe

Andy said...

We all thank you Pa. I have been busy and now is when I saw your comment. Thank you.