Monday, August 15, 2011

THE JOURNEY (by Lucas)

I`m pretty chock with all this. Ro got ways to go around with kids and adults. Is so good for us that this blog can help some body (kid or adult), to get closer to God.
I wish so much you were here to read and enjoy this Ro.
I miss you.


THE JOURNEY

"Almost a year ago I started a journey that changed my life forever.  I was on a downward spiral after loosing my job and facing loosing my home that I had loved so much.  I was bored one afternoon, just surfing the internet trying to get away from my problems.  I had remembered talking to our IT guy at work about blogs.  He had recommended looking into different blogs, so I was doing just that.  AND, that is when I found Robert’s Blog.  I really had no interest in some kid’s blog, but there was something that really drew me to his blog, not just what had happened to him, but something else that I just didn’t understand at the time.

I am a 67 year old man.  I lost my family due to a terrible divorce.  Up until a few years earlier, I attended church regularly.  I was even a deacon in my church for many years.  I had many friends and seemed to be loved by all.  I had always helped those about me.  Most everyone knew they could come to me for monetary help, or help of any kind.  I was a good listener and many just came to talk about their problems.  I shared with others what God had given me.  However, it seemed when my funds were gone, so were many of my friends.  I quit going to church.  I blamed God for my ills.  I guess you might say I became the old grouch.  

So, when I somehow found Robert’s Blog, my heart was tugged by his situation.  I couldn’t stop following it.  Here was a then 13 year old kid going through something that even an adult could not have lived through and yet he praised God for everything!  And here I was whining and blaming God for my personal situation!!  Needless to say, I began to feel such a heel. 

And, not only did Robert praise God with such awesome love, but he did the most awesome thing, he forgave his abuser!   OMG!!  He told him that he was a child of God’s just as he was and that God loved him too!  By then, I was in tears.  How could I, a man of my age, not see what was unfolding before me?  I began to realize that “something else” that drew me to this blog!   Something that I needed more than life itself.  I needed God!   Not the God I had followed all my years, but a REAL God.  A God that was as personal as my own dad. 

I did something that I would never have done; I emailed Robert.  He had an email address listed on his blog.  I really didn’t expect a response, but Robert Mentzy responded!  And the journey began.  I soon met Lucas Horneck who was Robert’s closest companion.  The one so close to Robert’s heart that a touch or soft word would comfort him when he was in deep distress due to his pain and suffering.  They were inseparable.  Lucas attended to Robert’s every need.  Again such love I have never known.  I realized the center of these two was of course, God!  Real, true, pure, loving.

The blog included a Cbox where followers could leave a comment and I began to comment.  Soon I met people from all over the world: David in the USA, Pete who was living in Prague, Mike from Ireland, Catalin in Romania, Harry in Australia, Billy in the USA just to name a very few.  It soon was too much for the Cbox so Robert started a private chat.   And the “virtual family” grew.  I belonged again.  But with people who loved God!   And what a family it was.   United by God, bound by awesome love.  (The Cbox and chat has since been deleted and we keep in touch via comments to the posts.)

The journey was a tough journey.  Many highs and many lows.  We shared in Robert’s suffering, and supported Lucas as he stood by Robert.  We laughed, we cried.

There were times that Robert and I talked.  I remember one day when it was just the two of us in the chat room.  Robert asked where I went to church.  I had to tell him that I didn’t go to church any more.  Robert asked me to promise him that I would go back to church again.  A promise that I keep to this day.  I did go back and things were so different.  No, I was different!  My attitude was different.  The church was the same.  For the first time in my life, God became real to me.  Not just that spiritual being somewhere in some cloud in the sky.  But a living being right next to me.

One day, Lucas and I were talking and Lucas told me that God wanted me to talk to Him.  I told Lucas I talked to Him every day.  Lucas said, “…no, Joe, God wants you to get on your knees and ask forgiveness for your sins and really talk to God.  He is right there next you.  He will forgive your sins!”  Lucas was very firm and I did just that.  I got on my knees and I prayed as I have never, ever prayed in my life.  I prayed to a God that had His arm around me.  And I felt so loved!  To this day, I kneel by my bed (if I can) and pray to my awesome, loving God. 

As I look back now.  I can see how deeply I have been touched by this blog.  The love that Robert and Lucas so lovingly shared in here has touched so many people.  Their awesome, pure love for God just flows!   Soon after so many young people committed suicide because of bullying, Robert added bullying to their agenda along with child abuse.  Robert and Lucas invited several young guys to discuss bullying with them.  Among those was Andy Williams a 12 year old at that time.  Andy shared Robert’s and Lucas’ deep love for God and love for those about him.  Soon Andy, now 13, and his dad and mum became close friends of the family and the “virtual family” as well. 

Robert Mentzy passed away December 28, 2010 from his abuse.  He lived for two years after he was brutally raped and left for dead.  In those two years his love for God touched literally thousands around the world as he and Lucas brought attention to the abuse of children through the blog.  I can’t speak for those people, but I can speak for me.  Because of this blog and Robert’s, Lucas’ and Andy’s deep faith, trust and love in God, I now have a relationship with a REAL, LIVING God.   Lucas and Andy are keeping Robert’s legacy alive with this blog.  I share that legacy too.  I am proud to be a part of this legacy.  As you have seen, Andy has worked to rid this world of those who would abuse children.  The legacy goes on. 

You too can be a part of this deep, awesome love.  It doesn’t matter how old, young or where you are in your life, just follow along with these two loving boys and their families.  Let their awesome love fill your heart.  You will find a REAL, true loving God here.  You will laugh, you may cry.  You will feel their love for you and each other.  Your life will be changed.  I will promise you that. 

God bless each of you who read this blog.  I pray that your life also be touched by the power of God. 

My love,

Joe"



Thanks Joe.
Does Robert experience have been a positive thing in your life in any way and you would like to shared through here? Just email us at the hushmail addy on the right bar.

I want no part in taking any credit in Joe`s experience. I just humble and grateful to God, accept who I am. I believe in God because my grand pa pass it to my dad and my dad to me. And is not because they believe that I believe, I have a personal conviction and relationship with God. Without God there is nothing. A human have everything when God in His Grace and Mercy, bring close to Him any human being.
Ask Him to draw you close to Him. He will and your life will be totally different. I promise.

Luc

2 comments:

Joe (Grandpa) said...

Luc,

Thank you. When you share God's so awesome love with those about you, you become God's mouth to speak His word, His hands to hold another's and His arms to hug a soul. Thank you for being God's loving child.

Mi Amor

Joe

Luc said...

Thanks Joe. I didn`t know you speak Spanish tho. LOL